Last news (29.11.2010):
Site of project and trailer of demo version
Recent news, project progressing, more and more things get done:
:- point and area ambientsounds inroduced
- 90% of monster ghost form code
- added system for player RPG-stats (immutinites, strength, mana regen etc.)
- advancements and bugfixes on AI, finished ranged
-attack monster AI
- attempt to raise resolution for some item textures (heart of darkness, flay)
- improved "life simulation" for civillians - they now go to houses on night/rain, added whole system for apearance scripting which is used on all monsters, like ghouls utilize it for their burried/raised states.
- speeches for civillians in Disguise/Beguile mode
- attacking someone will break Disguise/Begile and Control Mind guise too (once posessed entity attack someone it become hostile for others).
- added "viewports" thingie, to replace original's static pics shown in certain places (nosgoth blood script pic, graves of developers, looking at pillars), viewports is fully dynamic and will should full environment effects. Also first-person mode is transformed to viewport and will act as overlay, allowing to show how world looks from kain's eyes, however, the mouse aiming will be possible now.
- more and more refactorings to Blood Pill utility (better stability and speed)
- added basic scripting routines to gamecode.
- puzzles now have random pattern, like each time you start a game, sequence to solve 3-buttons puzzle in crypt 2 will be different.
- optimized engine, Direct3D get progressing
This is the news of the last two months. We work mostly at the graphic component. Previously we received many comments about low texture definition. We worked at this subject, and we must say, that it is possible to make textures of any definition, if we had more operatives and spare time. Alas, the making of high definition textures requires more time and higher skill (which is not surprising) therefore hd textures’ full presence in demo version is doubtful; it’s more convenient to make an overlay modification in the form of retexture pack. And now about the rest of the news in order with a lot of work-in-progress screenshots.
A model of a props with the “Nosgoth Script” book:
Ziegsturl houses’ interior, works at hd textures. In shots:
- cabinets, bottles, plates and stuff;
- works at the appearance of fabric;
- hd textures by the example of the floor and the table;
- some dirt on the floor (experimenting with overlay textures).
Added effect of automatic smooth vertical rotation of the camera, which occurs when the player steps in territory, where he is covered from camera by the map’s geometry. That’s how it approximately looks:
Works at the Kain’s murder scene (the scene is complete at the moment):
We received a wish before, about changing shadow angles depending on the phase of the day. Now this feature is added to the game. That’s how the shadows look like in the evening (available at the maximum graphics mode). Also on the shot “interactive” subtitles are displayed (an optional alternative to the standard “at-the-bottom” subtitles).
New texture of the saving obelisk:
One more statue from the crypt:
And the last shot for now, a very early (and very abstract) sketch of the caves’ design:
Altogether, Omnicide is progressing, although slowly. Some of the models on the screens are made by a new teammate Norgant. Another comrade Mit joined us recently, he is working at small environment models now, I think we will show the results of his work in next piece of news. Mean_person continues working at relatively complex models, and I, VorteX, work at texturing all these models. Strange as it may seem, but it takes more time and effort to present the human environment than to make game maps.
Next release date: when it’s done. Follow the progress at the project’s topic at " Blood Omnicide"
IRC - irc.anynet.org channel #darkmaster,